We all have days when we push ourselves too hard, when there are a million things to do, and no time to do them in. The first thing to suffer is your sleep. AAISHA DADI PATEL explains what happen when exhaustion levels reach maximum.
1. Laugh,Â aÂ lot
Because when youâ€
2. Become highly emotional
3. Dream of all the food. ALL of it.
Yes, you ate a full supper a couple of hours ago. Yes, youâ€
4. Speak only brutal honesty
â€œI was lying when I said that your bangs suited you. They actually cut your face in half. Theyâ€
5. Have bursts of misdirected drive and energy
6. Then remember that you are actually a sloth
Why must you change who you are? Why must you even move?
7. Yawn and constantly mention how tired you are
8. Then suddenly remember all the things you still need to do
Cue self-pity â€“ and a dose of denial.
9. Ponder some seriousÂ things, very deeply
Capitalism is evil. Why does racism even exist? Who controls the system? What is the system, anyway?
10. Pass out, wherever you are
Eventually, there is redemption – and with it, the realisation that sleep is the sweetest, most underappreciated thing in the world.
The struggle is real.