BDS-SA Respond To Desai Allegations

1
36

Boycott Divestment And Sanctions South Africa (BDS-SA) has responded to the sexual harassment and indecent assault allegations levelled against co-founder Muhammed Desai.

The Daily Vox reported, on March 26, that US academic Sang Hea Kil had laid a charge against Desai on Sunday. This was following a night out in Melville last week when three women, including Kil, claimed they were sexually harassed by Desai.

In a press statement issued on March 27, Tisetso Magama, on behalf of the BDS-SA board said the Palestinian lobby group is aware of the allegations against Desai.

“The Board wishes to assure those concerned and the public that we take this matter seriously. In dealing with the matter, we will take into consideration the rights of all those involved,” Magama said.

The statement omitted the demands the complainants made of BDS-SA. These include an unconditional apology from Desai, an investigation into the multiple complaints made against him, and that he be suspended for the duration of the investigation, and prevented from speaking publicly about Palestinian issues during that time.

Desai has yet to respond.

Featured image via Faceebook

1 COMMENT

  1. How odd, in most civilised areas the sexual abuser would be forced to resign… Not here, it seems his apology was good enough… Imagine if it was that easy everywhere else….

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here